Welcome to the weekend, Kids. You made it through yet another week. Give yourself a hug. Or maybe just give yourself an adult drink of your choosing. To help you ease into another great Summer weekend, we offer these links as a token of appreciation for hanging out with us all week.
- David Sedaris & Chicken Toenails: Sabre and I heard David Sedaris read this story live when we went to go see him perform a reading in Schenectady, NY. It was pretty cool to hear him read and edit at the same time. Now it’s all printed up in the Guardian. My, how things grow. If you like David (and really, how could you not?), you’ll like this one.
- In praise of verbal stumbles: Everyone who told you that all those “ums” and “uhs” were hurting your speaking ability? They lied. Turns out we like a little disfluency.
- I don’t want to get big and bulky: Interesting article on how the media perpetuates stereotypes to make working out less effective for women.
- 34 Life Lessons I’ve Learned in 34 Years Of Living: Okay, fine, I admit I’m kind of a sucker for these posts but I can’t help it. And if it helps my case any, this is actually an especially good one. I promise!
- Single girl behaviors: A compelling post from Nicole Antoinette about why people who say you shouldn’t look to your partner for happiness are just haters. As an unmarried female who thinks most couples are completely unhealthy and codependent, I’m not sure I agree with this. But it’s an interesting viewpoint. I’d love to see a counter.
- Why you can’t find clothes that fit, regardless of your size: Turns out it’s a conspiracy and has nothing to do with all those donuts you ate for breakfast. Okay, it has a little to do with those.
- Gus vs Pool : Just…just watch. Who hasn’t wanted an indoor swimming pool?
- Do online friends matter as much as real ones: Admittedly, the article is a little less interesting than the question posed, but I thought it was an interesting topic. And my answer would be, yes, they definitely do.
- Little boy doesn’t want to get married: Okay, five of you sent this to me this week so either you were trying to tell me something (BACK OFF!) or you just really, really thought it was funny. Going back to Nicole’s post, I found it kind of sad. That kid is gonna be dealing with this crap his whole.entire.life.
And that’s it from me. What caught your eye this week? Also, don’t forget to vote for me in the SMB Influencer Awards. They’re almost done, I promise. 😉